Step One - Onboarding
Gather all information
Met with the client first, to discuss what they want to accomplish. Client was located in PEI, therefore, we initially contacted each other through email and proceeded to telephone calls.
This was a great on-boarding meeting.
Once all information is gathered and understood, we proceeded with a formal proposal, which we produced in the second day.
Step Two - Research the Insurance Space
Find the Problem, provide a Solution & Solve it!
Sometimes, there is a problem right under your nose and you didn’t know it. It could be as simple as a misspelled URL, landing page, or even a broken link.
We found one of the problems to be the initial hosting of the website. The website was split up on the backend of someone else’s website and it was hard to optimize.
When you only have your domain pointing to one page and the remaining pages are sub pages of another website, there was no proper indexing available.
The problem is was clearly identified as an optimization issue, preventing proper indexing from search engines. We documented it, wrote a report on it and presented it to the client.
Moving on to the next issue, we found that there was no keywords associated to the website, let alone pointing to any pages. We wrote up another report and presented it to the client.
We continued with our efforts in establishing a keyword strategy. We performed a keyword and comparative analysis to determine what the best strategy would be to turn things around. Given our customers information and their goals, we educated ourselves some more on their industry. Focused on making the necessary changes to improve performance of leads generation.
Step Three - Obtaining Results
Finally Getting the Results
We started with aligning their content with the products they were offering. We developed the keywords necessary to match the products, based on the strategy that we put in place.
We reviewed the comparative analysis of their competition, found that the competition was using too many generic phrases which made it near impossible to choose the same keywords without paying out a lot of money.
There was no budget in place to do search engine marketing, so we took the approach of creating a strategy to support Organic Search phrases.
Using long-tail keywords found within our analysis of AdWords and SEM-Rush, we were able to find a solution. A solution that included rewriting some of the content on their website to match identical search phrases used on the Internet and found within AdWords and SEM-Rush.
Moving forward to a successful transition, our client is now number one on the search engines for their name (which had competition of more than 300 Million) and the search phrases (long-tail keywords) used now generate 5-10 new leads per month.